Sunday 6 April 2014

Obesere rape saga: We had sex but...

Fuji music star Abass Akande famously known as Obesere is currently fighting one of the toughest battles of his life. In an exclusive interview at his Okota, Lagos home, the embattled star finally opened up
on the messy rape allegation that is currently threatening his flourishing career and seriously soiling his name.

Excerpts:

How it all started

This lady we are talking about is Nike, I met her through Alhaja Bola Omoowo and the first time I spoke with her was on February 5. Alhaja Omoowo who introduced me to the girl is someone I usually render assistance to any time she needs some business consultations. On February 5, she called me and said she wanted to introduce a young lady to me who she felt would need my assistance in a particular business line I just started which is my Obesere Rice. From that point, we became friends and often exchange greetings on phone. After a while, she requested to come to my house and I told her that I am not always at home. I
explained to her how busy my schedules are but she insisted on coming. She later came to my house on February 10, but I wasn’t around. She had to wait till 11p.m., when I came back. That night she volunteered to cook for me and my other boy in the house while also begging me to allow her sleep in the house because she felt it was too late. To be truthful, nothing
happened between us the first night but we have been getting along with each other even before she came because she was already calling me pet names like ‘baby, honey and sweetie. So, from this point I already knew that the lady wanted more than business relationship from me and I didn’t mind as well because we are both consenting adult. The next day, I thought she would go but she didn’t, she said she wanted to relax a little since she is already feeling at home in my house and allowed her. The next day, we had sex but it wasn’t by force as she claimed. As a matter of fact, I had to leave the house the next day because I had a meeting to attend and I left her at home since she said she wanted to stay. After about three hours I left, she called me on phone that Alhaja has called her and she wanted to go and join her while also promising that she might come back or call me later in the day to let me know when next she will be coming. The day after we had sex We kept on talking even after she left. But to my surprise she called me very early in the morning the next day to tell me that she has been bleeding profusely overnight. I asked her what the problem was and she said she has no idea of what exactly is wrong with her. I immediately advised her to call Alhaja Omoowo to tell her what is wrong with her and he objected, saying she wouldn’t like to tell Alhaja such things because the woman would go around telling everybody what happened. After she dropped the phone, I felt bleeding isn’t a minor issue, so I decided to call Alhaja myself and I told her what the lady told me. Alhaja told me to ignore whatever Nike said because Nike slept on the same bed with her the night she claimed she bled all night and no such thing happened. Alhaja promised to call me 20 minutes after and when I waited for more
than 20 minutes I called her again and she said “Alhaji Obesere there is nothing wrong with Nike” and I reminded her again that she has been complaining on phone to me and she said “Alhaji, are you a mugun? Don’t mind the girl, she is not bleeding we slept on the same bed overnight.” I was forced to ask her what she meant by asking if I was a mugun. And she said “You want to know why? “ I said yes “Nike said we should connive to swindle you to the tune of N10million and I told her I would not join her in the ugly race, so Alhaji ignore her false alarm of bleeding.”Alhaja further instructed that I shouldn’t pick her calls again.

How we took Nike to the hospital.

When the threat became so much, the livid Alhaja had to send Nike and her five-year-old kid, Folawe parking. After doing that, Alhaja called to inform me that she had sent her parking and she was sure that Nike would be coming over to my house. But because I had nothing to hide, I didn’t tell my security man to stop her from entering when she comes. When she got to my house, I wasn’t around so I had to instruct my managers to take her to the hospital but she insisted that she won’t go with them to the hospital until I come but I pleaded and she later followed them to my private hospital where my doctor examined her and discovered that nothing was wrong with her and she didn’t bleed. After that, they returned to the house and took her to a hotel close to my house because they couldn’t leave her in my house since I wasn’t around. The next day we went to the hotel and she was nowhere to be found. Four days after, I got an invitation letter from Okota Police Station for questioning. I had to place a call to my lawyer who went there and was told that I had a rape allegation to clear. When I heard that I was so scared and I had to go to the Police Station to defend myself. But by the time I got to the Police Station I discovered that the Police officers were biased. As a matter of fact, Nike who is the complainant was the one the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) was sending around to get him remote control and food. So, it was obvious that she knew them so well there and it was obvious that it was a planned work.

The journey to Panti Police Station

I was never arrested or detained in Panti. As for the Panti connection, I was the one who went there to complain. Contrary to what people have been saying about the rape and that I was arrested and detained.
After I visited the station and I discovered that the officers were biased my lawyer had to transfer the case to Panti where he felt thorough investigation would be carried out. Meanwhile, I had already begged Nike not to tarnish my image, that I would give her money if that is what she wants because this was a lady who slept in my
house for two days and even cooked me food. So how will I then rape her? I discovered that she is a blackmailer. She didn’t even have an evidence to show for it. So, when the DPO heard that I had transferred the case to Panti, he was shocked. When we got to Panti on March 3, the lady had nothing to show that she was raped again. She was asked if she told anyone around that area that she was raped or if the neighbours could testify that there was noise or any kind of violence when it happened but she didn’t have anything to say. As a matter of fact, she hasn’t come back to the station since then. She has disappeared. Nobody knows her real name and even the Alhaja said she doesn’t know her whereabouts. The address she gave and names are not real. Lessons I have learnt from the rape scandal I personally feel everybody should learn from this ugly incident. A lot of ladies are out there looking for whom to destroy. This lady is very smart and ready to ruin anybody that comes her way. Investigation has also shown that she has done this to many other persons. So, I am not the first person who has fallen victim. So, men should also be careful about the kind of ladies they move around with. Everybody should know whoever they have decided to be with very well before having anything together because the girl is nowhere to be found now. Even the Alhaja said she has been asking to know where she lives but the girl played her. Most of these girls are desperadoes looking for whom to swindle and rubbish. Men should also not take ladies to their houses. It is not healthy and it is dangerous. I also feel we should all have cameras in our houses to replay whatever must have happened, because if I had this in my house, the story would not have come to this point.

The Omisore, Aregbesola connection

Many people have also been insinuating that the whole rape issue was a setup or the handy work of my rivals, but I don’t know what to say to that. Some even said because I went to sing for Senator Omisore in Osun State by dumping the State Governor, Aregbesola, whom I had been working for before, is the genesis of the whole issue. But I know that is not true. I am an artiste and I am a musician of everybody. As an artiste, anybody who has the money to pay me to perform, I will go there. I have played for Labour Party or any other party. I am not an official musician for any
party. If APC or PDP wants me to be their official artiste, they should come forward for negotiations. If that is not done, I can sing for anybody who can afford to pay my bills. For those who care to know, I am still
in a very good note with the governor of Osun State. Ogbeni Aregebesola is my very good friend, brother and father. We are still close as before. I love him and he still loves me.

Source: EE

No comments: